Friday 22 April 2011

BMW Dumfries & Galloway

The quay at Kirkcudbright
      I've made my annual Easter Trip to southwest Scotland on my motorcycle. This is a part of the world which never fails to both impress me and sooth the inner being, a lovely part of the world. Without boring anyone with a blow by blow account, the highlights were for me the two lighthouses of Carsewell and the Mull of Galloway, although Kirkcudbright is a particular favourite of mine. The photo above is of the quay at Kirkcudbright.   The Mull  is Scotlands most southerly point, and a RSPB reserve, there were many seabirds nesting on the cliffs. The distant views weren't the best, the good weather meant a soft haze clung to the western coasts. The overnight accommodation was the SYHA at Minigaff (Newton Stewart) which was as always excellent. Oh well work tomorrow, gives me time to plan sun/mon's activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment