Sunday 8 May 2011

Glen Nevis

    A n easy day of it today as I drove up to Glen Nevis Hostel from home. It managed to rain from Carslile to Crianlarich, but once on Rannoch Moor the sun started to shine. The hills of the Black Mount were clear of cloud, and nad remnants of snow in the high corries. I stopped for a stroll round the slate quarries at Ballahullish, then again at the Corran Ferry. A quick shop for food in Fort William and then I got booked into the hostel. another tick as I haven't stayed here before! Glen Nevis and the slopes of the "Ben" are bathed in the rays of the evening sun as I type this.  Tomorrow the weather looks mixed so I shall make a dicision  over breakfast regards my hills for the day. At the moment I think the Laggen area, (its more likely to be dry there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment