Monday 14 May 2012

France Cycle Tour: St Ferreol Trente-Pas to Sault

Pollarded trees near Condorcet
A good nights rest and the knowledge that I was ahead of schedule meant any pressure was well and truly lifted. The sun shone all day and the wind nice and light. The first habitation of any size was Nyons, with its old bridge. I had a good mooch around, eventually finding somewhere open to get some grub for the rest of the day (got to keep the tank topped up!).
Nyons
Cutting across country on minor roads I climbed over the Col de Fontaube and dropped into the Toulourenc valley which was delightful. Mont Ventoux was towering over me, hemming the valley in to the south.
Mont Ventoux and the Toulourenc valley
My destination of Sault of course lies at over 800m so a mediocre climb was undertaken to the village, only for me to realise the campsite was above the village! More climbing! The site is a "Municipal" and the pitches are in the trees, very nice. Todays trip 77.82 kilometres.
Municipal site at Sault

No comments:

Post a Comment