Thursday 10 December 2015

Fat Bike Ride From Chapel Stile

This morning I found myself free at the last minute, I decided to get the fatbike out for a ride through the old slate quarries between Chapel Stile and Tilbirthwaite.

Over Owlets Nest to Little Langdale  and the ford which gives access to the Tilbirthwaite quarries.

Firstly I explored the West side of the valley I crossed over to Hodge Close...the sun came out at last! So I had my lunch sheltering from the bitter wind.

Crossing the Coniston road at Oxen Fell the steady climb along the Arnside Intake track, I then took the bridleway over Iron Keld.
As you start the descent the Langdale fells fill the view.

Further down the track I stopped to take this photo of the Eastern Fells....Still no snow, even though it felt cold enough for it.

The descent just keeps on coming. A very full Elterwater in the centre of the picture.

Back to the car along the multi-use path beside the swollen River Brathay and Elterwater.
The weather wasn't as good as forecast, and the tracks were very wet.
I can definitely say I need some new waterproof trousers for offroad cycling! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment