Monday 26 December 2016

Windy Wetherlam! A Boxing Day Blow Out

A "Free" day saw me parked in Tilbirthwaite. Today would be a selfish Christmas present to myself, Wetherlam is a favourite hill at anytime. It was breezy as I left the car, but nothing compared to what I would experience once I gained a bit of height.

Just Me and my shadow out today it seemed!

Across Dry Cove Bottom to Wetherlam Edge and Birk Fell

The Langdale pikes with a scattering of hail on them from the foot of Wetherlam Edge.

On the summit of Wetherlam, it was blowing a real hoolie.
I can't believe this image isn't completely blurred.

Off down Ladstones it was almost impossible to stay on the path until about this point where the ridge levels out.

Looking back up the ridge across a stormy dub.

It was much calmer once I got down to Hole Rake and set off back across the moor to Tilbirthwaite

The day was improving from a sun point of view although still very windy.
A last look up to the old mine workings and dressing floors above Tilbirthwaite Gill.
A short descent beside the gill and I was back at the car, a really invigorating day.

No comments:

Post a Comment