Sunday 12 March 2017

Carn a Chlamain

I'd fully intended to drive home today just bagging a couple of easy Marilyns on the way. However having woken early at the SYHA in Aviemore I thought I'd make better use of my time. So drove South to Blair Atholl and parked at the Old Bridge of Tilt. It would be a long walk up Glen Tilt to the foot of Carn a Chlamain...Infact I'd planned in my own mind that this hill would be done by mountain bike but.....

I was past Marble Lodge at this point and the Beinn a Ghlo hills where starting to become clear of cloud.

The River Tilt

There's an excellent track up the ridge which according to the map leads almost to the summit 

However the track was full of snow, so I followed a narrower path...although eventually that to was covered with snow. here at about 800m the clag was down...

...and it stayed that way all the way to the summit. No view today.

I dropped back out of the low cloud again at about 800m and unfortunately it the stated raining as well. It didn't rain all the way back thankfully but the showers were heavy. 6hrs out and back and no one seen on the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment