Thursday 1 June 2017

A Bit of a Catch Up.......

I've been a bit busy over the last 10 days or so. But I've been out and about as well. The blog has taken a bit of a back seat, so I thought I'd do a catch up. Generally walking places that I haven't visited for many years! Any way here's a few images of my doings....

Last Thursday I had a ride on the motorbike over Kirkstone and a loop round the Northern Fells.
I couldn't resist this classic picture of the hills round the head of Troutbeck.

Another day another ruin!!
Here from the Corpse Road out of Mardale, and the classic view into Riggindale.

Tuesday and the weather let me down...as you can see!
I ended up doing a navigation exercise above Eskdale...I should have stuck to a low level walk closer to home!

Wednesday, the weather had bucked its ideas up so over to Wensleydale on the motorbike.
I'd never been to this spot before, its Nappa on the North side of the valley.
A great view and with a convenient bench just the spot for lunch :-)

Today, with rain forecast and wanting to pop into Keswick I had a mooch round the quarries above The Coach Road and their environs. Of course it didn't rain!!
There was also an aborted wild camp, which was a "comedy" of errors...So I'll gloss over that!
I've got to say this 4 day week malarkey is excellent....especially when supplemented with an odd days leave! There's been a fair bit of road cycling as well but I rarely take pictures when I'm on that game.
Caught up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment