Monday 25 December 2017

Ingleborough....A Christmas Day Hill

For the first time in 60 years I found myself able to have a "proper" walk on Christmas Day. I chose Ingleborough, handy enough to home but high enough to be interesting. I parked above Cold Cotes and took my favourite way up....although it was incredibly wet today. I only took a few photos but they should give a feel for the day.

The path is very obvious and as it rounds Grey Scars the summit of Ingleborough comes into view for the first time. Whernside is also seen in the distance on the left of this image.

The sun made an appearance as I left Grey Scars behind. Here as I crossed the flat moorland the path was at its wettest!

Just me and my shadow out today!
The sky to the North looked stormy, as I gained height the wind strenghtened.

As I reached the summit Plateau the cloud lifted, so I had a view...nice Christmas present!
It was blowing a real hoolie tho' so the pics are a little blurred.
Not surprisingly I had the top to myself, I didn't linger that long and having taken in the view....

....I walked over to the Northern edge of the plateau to look at view over towards Whernside and the Ribblehead area. I returned to the car the same way, meeting a group of 5 or so walkers om Little Ingleborough.
It had only taken 2 hours up and down, (it had stayed dry against the forecast) and I enjoyed it immensely:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment